Global Agents of Change
Develop international competencies through this immersive, study abroad experience.
This professional development program was developed through a partnership between:
In support of the annual goals of TCS Education System, including to increase participation in global engagement and building brand ambassadors, the Global Engagement team is launching a staff-only study abroad to Costa Rica.
Available to staff members throughout TCS Education System and its partner colleges, this three-day immersive experience will take place at the UN University of Peace (UPEACE) in San Jose, Costa Rica. The course focuses on global citizenship in the 21st Century, professional development, and international education. All participants will receive a certificate in global citizenship upon completion of the program.
Watch our recorded information session here!
Spend three days exploring global citizenship with the UN University of Peace in Costa Rica.
- First night hotel covered: March 17
- Last night hotel covered: March 20
Dates: 03.18.20 – 03.20.20
- All staff from TCS Education System or its partner colleges are eligible to apply
- Applicants must be in good standing with their respective institutions
- Minimum one year of employment within TCS Education System by date of application
- $1,775 USD
- Employees may request to apply departmental professional development funds to offset the cost of this program. We welcome you to discuss this option with your supervisor and as an option can indicate in your application if your department will be subsidizing program costs.
- Course costs—including speakers, site visits, and academic materials
- Field visits
- Three lunches at UPEACE
- Hotel accommodations for four nights
- Airport pick-up and drop off (subject to time window)
- Transportation in-country for program activities
- UPEACE Centre for Executive Education certificate for all participants
- Orientation and in-country logistics
- Upon successful completion of program: UPEACE Centre for Executive Education certificate for all participants
What's not included
- Passport and travel-related documentation costs. Note: All participants are responsible for having a valid passport. It is recommended that all applicants apply for their passports immediately due to processing times.
- Incidentals and personal expenses
- Round-trip airfare
10.20.19: Program announced by campus presidents
11.18.19: Application period begins
11.26.19: Information session
12.31.19: Application period ends
01.10.20: Selected participants announced
03.18.20 – 03.20.20: Immersion experience in Costa Rica
05.01.20 – 05.31.20: All participants will present training to home department