- This event has passed.
Migration into Germany – History, Legal and Political Framework, Challenges and Recent Developments
April 13, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm CDT
Please join us for a special Globe Talk, during our 6th Education Beyond Borders. This talk will focus on the below.
- The legal and political basis for immigration into Germany
- Historical developments until 2015
- The refugee crisis 2015 and 2016
- Refugees and migrants from Ukraine since the beginning of the Russian war against Ukraine
- Demographic change and migration (does Germany’s economy depend on migration? What risks and chances are involved?)
- Integration of migrants into the labor market.
- Integration and migration under the conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Political realities
- Regional and local initiatives
- Perspectives and conclusion
About the speaker
Guntram Kaiser is a German Public Relations and Governmental Relations specialist with more than 30 years of experience based in Berlin. Kaiser holds a diploma as a specialist in international relations with a focus on third world countries and the knowledge of Amharic (Ethiopia) on an interpreter’s level. He is the founder and CEO of the Communication consultancy KaiserCommunication GmbH. The agency provides services in strategic counseling, political lobbying, public diplomacy, media work, crisis and issues management as well as external and internal corporate communication. Guntram Kaiser is Chairman of the German Initiative Public Diplomacy and Board member of the Forum Neue Seidenstrasse e.V. (New Silk Road Forum). He is an invited lecturer at the Berlin campus of the International School of Management (ISM) and the Technische Universität (TU) Berlin on Public Relations and Cross-Cultural Management. He has been giving lectures to TCS Ph.D. students as part of their familiarization programs in Germany for more than five years. Guntram Kaiser is the author of numerous articles on Public Relations and co-author of scientific books e.g. “Handbook of European Business Ethics” and “GR and lobbyism – theory and practice”. Guntram Kaiser is fluent in German, English, and Russian.