- This event has passed.
Micro-Credential: Exploring Human Rights in the Philippines: Research and Practice Based Context
July 22 @ 8:00 am - August 22 @ 5:00 pm CDT
Developed and Instructed by: Patricia H.A. Perez, PhD, Associate Professor, International Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. Sponsored by TCSPP Faculty Internationalization Grant (FIG)
This program provides an opportunity for students to examine human rights in the Filipino context, including the history, politics, cultural norms, and societal expectations of the country. Using a research and practice lens, emphasizing the importance of contextual factors in-country, students will sharpen their global leadership skills and critically evaluate the nature of trauma-informed care and organizational advocacy in collaboration with selected Filipino partners. Students will critically reflect on issues of diversity, ethics and social justice, and reduced inequalities in understanding research and practice in the Philippines.
Participants will self-pace with the first three DEI session topics through pre-recorded sessions culminating in one live session to close.
- Program Dates: July 22 – August 22, 2022
- Live Session: August 22, 2022: 10 – 11 AM PST/ 12 – 1 PM CST/ 1 – 2 PM EST
- Fee: No cost!
- Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 4.0 CEs for Psychologists (APA), 4.0 Illinois CEUs for Licensed Counselors/Social Workers and 4.0 BBS California CEs for Certified Counselors.
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its content. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) to offer continuing education programming for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an accredited or approved postsecondary institution that meets the requirements set forth in Sections 4980.54(f)(1), 4989.34, 4996.22(d)(1), or 4999.76(d) of the Code
- Registration Deadline: July 19, 2022